“Dance first. Think later. It’s the natural order.”
– Samuel Beckett
“The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses – behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.”
1. The Hood Internet – Nnormal Sshame (Freddie Gibbs x Javelin)
2. Deorro & Duvoh – Black (Aylen Remix)
3. Optix – ShockWave (Original Mix)
4. Avicii vs Nicky Romero – I Could Be The One (John Christian Remix)
5. The Knocks – The Feeling (Dave Edwards Remix)
Get down and dirty to the best dance songs from the past week featuring new Avicii, The Hood Internet and more.
1. Avicii – Three Million (ft Negin)
2. The Hood Internet – Pyramidspeak (Purity Ring x Frank Ocean)
3. Salva – Drop That B
4. Left Boy – Black Dress
5. Maroon 5 – One More Night (Com Truise Remix)
1. Kanye West vs. Kavinsky – Protolife (Carlos Serrano Mix)
2. DMX – Ruff Ryders Anthem (B.Dolla Remix)
3. The Hood Internet – The Thing U Do (Miguel x Shlohmo x RL Grime)
4. Viceroy – Dream Of Bombay (feat Chela)
5. Flux Pavilion – I Feel It
To help you ring in the new year, Sunset has rounded up the absolute dopest tracks from the world of EDM this week. It’s the last installment of this series for 2012, but don’t worry, we’ll see ya in 2013.
Have fun, dance your ass off and be safe. Until next year!
1. French Montana – Pop That -Feat. Drake, Lil Wayne & Rick Ross (Optix Remix)
2. Flux Pavilion feat. Childish Gambino – Do or Die (Recorded From MTV Music Experiment)
3. Emil Gonzo – Somebody Else’s Rude Boy (Rihanna vs Jocelyn Brown)
4. A-Trak – Piss Test (feat. Juicy J, Jim Jones, Flatbush Zombies, El-P and Flosstradamus)
5. Aylen – 007’s Theme
It’s that time again. Every Friday, Sunset rounds up the best jams to get down to for your weekend aural pleasure. Start the party off right with The Five Best Dance Songs of the Week.
1. The Hood Internet – Val Get Worse (King Louie x Divine Fits)
2. Passion Pit – Carried Away (Viceroy Remix)
3. Alesso – Clash
4. Bondax – Gold
5. Tim Gunter – Moneyball ft. Ca$h Out
It’s the last weekend of November. Winter’s coming, but why stay cold? Heat it up like Lebron with the best of the best of EDM from this week. Don’t worry, you can thank me later.
1. Free Magic & Jkriv – Night Braces (Sammy Bananas Sax Dub)
2. The Hood Internet – 212-PARADISE (Azealia Banks x YACHT)
3. Carlos Serrano – Won’t You Peso (A$AP Rocky vs. Nero)
4. Datsik – Bonafide Hustler (Trap VIP)
5. Zedd ft. Foxes – Clarity (Aylen Remix)
It’s Lollapalooza weekend here in Chicago, so I’m gonna keep it short and sweet as I prep to go cover the festival for you guys. Whether you’re here in The Second City having widespread dance offs to the likes of Avicii, Nero, Madeon, Kaskade and others, or alone in your apartment kitchen, here are the best songs to get down to from this week.
1. Adventure Club Debstep – Retro City
2. ZZ Ward – Criminal ft. Freddie Gibbs (Com Truise Remix)
3. USHER – Climax (dave sitek remix)
4. Pretty Lights – You Get High
5. Azealia Banks – LUXURY
This weekend, I’m rolling out to Indianapolis for the inaugural Big Ten Championship game featuring Michigan State and my very own Wisconsin Badgers. To say it’s going to be a party is an understatement. Here are four bouncy tracks for ya’ll to get up and get down with me this weekend. Jump! Jump! Jump!
1. “Rudeboy” – Zeds Dead
In Jamaica, if you’re young, reckless and basically a bad mothafucka, you’re considered a “rudeboy” (or rudegirl.) Since every Sunset reader and writer exemplifies the rude lifestyle, this track is extremely fitting.
2. “Do For Love (Vodka & Milk Remix) – Tupac
If you combine Vodka & Milk with Tupac, I guess you’d have a Black Russian.
3. “Heads Will Roll (A-Trak Remix)” – Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Karen O lives up to her name on this track–the way she says “oh” is just plain sex (not sexy, just sex.) A-Trak flips it and makes it officially eargasmic.
4. “Tell Em (Diplo Remix)” – Sleigh Bells
Somehow, someway, Diplo manages to make the already deafening Sleigh Bells even louder. And that’s totally cool with me.