If I can’t dance, I don’t want to be part of your revolution.
1. Gramatik – Extraordinary Magnitude Vs. Blackstreet (No Diggity 2013)
2. The Hood Internet – Magic Adventure (Future x T.I. x Clicks & Whistles)
3. The Black Keys ft. Nas, Jay-Z, Biggie, Mos Def – Little Black Submarines (VOODOO FARM REMIX)
4. Ellie Goulding – Explosions (Gemini Remix)
5. Attracting Flies (Shift K3Y Remix)
Do the d-a-n-c-e. Stick to the b-e-a-t. Just easy as a-b-c. Do the dance, do the dance!
1. VOODOO FARM – I Don’t Know Why
2. Tinashe – Stargazing (Sammy Bananas Remix)
3. Flux Pavilion – OneTwoThree (Make Your Body Wanna)
4. Marina and the Diamonds – Lies (Zeds Dead Remix)
5. Juicy J – Bandz A Make Her Dance (B.Dolla Remix)
Oh my God it’s Monday. Where did the weekend go? Well, for me, I think it’s obvious. I didn’t get out of bed until 5 PM on Saturday. We’ll leave it at that.
This first mashup makes me feel like I’m on steroids at the gym or something. A little bit like I could take over the world. Probably because it’s got a song from my past in it. I tell you, I still remember every single word of this song, and that’s true with SO MANY SONGS FROM MY CHILDHOOD. Maybe I need to quit my job and continue the art of School House Rock. So brilliant. America could quickly become the smartest country (see ya, China) again if we turned it into hip hop lyrics. Alright, somebody get on that. Or maybe I will. We’ll see.
This next one is too legit. Want to know why? BECAUSE THEY SAMPLED BIG L! That shit is real.
2. “In The Cold Cold Night” (The White Stripes x Tupac x Biggie x Big L) – VOODOO FARM
The White Stripes ft. 2pac, Biggie, Big L- In The Cold Cold Night (VOODOO FARM REMIX) by VOODOO FARM
This one tapped into the new rage that is Icona Pop. And added Madonna to it. That was a ballsy move, but Miss Alexandra Baker pulled it off! Get it girl.
This guy is a little raw, but it’s got something going on. Big Sean + Xaphoon (you crazy) + J. Cole? Caught my eye immediately. Plus I love this DJ because he’s writes a lot on the Sunset Facebook Page — I love that. Here’s an alternate download link.
4. “Blow Up Or Bust” (Big Sean x Xaphoon Jones x J. Cole) – DJ Radio DreaD
Blow up or Bust [Big Sean x Xaphoon Jones x J Cole] *ALT. DL LINK* by DJ RadioDreaD
Wow. This really is a kick ass party anthem! This can definitely jumpstart my Monday. Maybe I needed this on Saturday, hmm? Damn. This is a ridiculously good mashup. I love.
I will admit to something that most of you guys will likely scoff at. I’m a music snob but I love “California Girls” by Katy Perry. Isn’t is spelled differently? Like Gurls or something like that? See, I’m snobby enough to not even know. But I love it. It’s so good. “Teenage Dream” is too. Ugh, okay, I’m embarrassed now. Just kidding, I’m not.
6. Raining California Girls (Kaskade x Dada Life & Kaskade x Deadmau5 x Skrillex x Florence & The Machine x Benny Benassi x Bruno Mars x Katy Perry x Kevin Rudolf x Rihanna) – Doug Bogan
Raining California Girls! by dougbogan
Gotta keep it short, because my eyes are closing as I type (long week), but WOAH…this makes me feel like I just injected a bit of somethin’ or other into my arm and will actually never fall asleep. GotDAMNNN, Voodoo Farm! TRIPPPYYYYYYYYYYYY!
Mashups have become a part of my life through running this site, so it pleases me to say that mashups have variety. There are some that are just a blend of two songs, others are a handful of songs, and a unique few are a total blend of so many songs you don’t even know where to begin counting. These last type are few and far between, and the names that immediately come to mind are DJ EARWORM and Norwegian Recycling. The thing is, there are so many people who try to make this type of mashup and it comes out looking like a blueberry pancake that was made with rotten blueberries. That’s never a good thing. I tend to think that Norwegian Recycling does the job the best, and part of the reason is because he always releases a video to go along with the mastered tracks.
Let’s start this Mashup Monday off with a brand new track from Norwegian Recycling called “Lights.” Click on the link to see the video in the Flash player.
1. Kanye West feat. Rihanna – All Of The Lights
2. Baby Bash feat. T-Pain – Cyclone
3. Blink 182 – All The Small Things
4. Britney Spears – Hold It Against Me
5. Foo Fighters – Learn To Fly
6. Chris Brown – Yeah 3x
7. Lady Gaga – Paparazzi
8. Modjo – Lady
9. Muse – Starlight
10. Pendulum – The Island
11. Rihanna feat. Slash – Rockstar
12. The Killers – Mr. Brightside
Next up, a classic mashup from female mashup artists, The Jane Doze. They’ve blended Marvin Gaye and Ratatat in this jam.
Voodoo Farm has been making a big name for themselves lately. Here’s a mashup that uses some dub-ish features and blends Wiz Khalifa and 2Pac. Something tells me a lot of yall are going to salivate over this one.