Haven’t done a Mashup Monday in a hot minute, but the time has come, my friends! Back on my grind, and in need of some good party tunes, so why not turn to mashups, naw mean? Hit the jump for a whole list of the best mashups I could get my hands on.
1. Nate Belasco – Black Skinhead x Elephant (Kanye West x Tame Impala)
2. Ricky Cervantes – Forever This Young (Avicii & Aloe Blacc x The Knocks x TheFatRat)
3. DJ BAHLER – Summer Luv (The Knife x Ashanti x Fat Joe)
Sunset’s rounded up the dopest tracks to get down to for the weekend. Take a load off and enjoy below.
1. Kanye West – Clique (feat. Jay-Z & Big Sean)
2. Avicii – Next Levels (TheFatRat Instrumental)
3. The Hood Internet – Dance With Henrietta (Big Sean x Yeasayer)
4. Rihanna vs. Daft Punk – We Make Love (Carlos Serrano Mix)
5. No Doubt – Push and Shove (feat. Busy Signal, Major Lazer)
It’s Labor Day weekend. It’s the time of year where America lets you rest on your laurels for all the hard work you’ve been doing lately. It marks the end of summer and, in effect, the beginning of change. Not all change is bad though. In fact, I consider change a good thing. Dance music is also something I consider good. So, rather than sitting on your butt this weekend, make like the House of Pain and get out your seats and jump around. Jump up, jump up and get down. Jump. Jump. Jump!
1. Static Revenger – Turn The World On (TheFatRat Dub)
2. AlunaGeorge – Your Drums, Your Love
3. The Hood Internet – I’ll Be Country (Big KRIT x Passion Pit)
4. Red Hot Chili Peppers – Under The Bridge (Brummer Remix)
5. Chris Brown – Don’t Wake Me Up (TheFatRat Remix)
I’m simply going to leave you with the following video. I hear it’s going to be adapted into a full blown eHarmony commercial. Happy Friday ya’ll.
1. Let It Go (Faustix & Imanos Remix) – Dragonette
2. Original Don (Flosstradamus Remix) – Major Lazer
3. Love Is Real (Fred Falke Remix) – Theophilus London
4. Do Harder Be Faster (TheFatRat‘s Skinny Dip Mashup) – Daft Punk
5. Daydreamer Feat. Example (Dillon Francis Remix) – Flux Pavilion
What up ya’ll? Sorry I’ve been on a blogging hiatus lately. I moved to Chicago last weekend so my time has been spread a little thin. But, it’s all in the name of progress, right?
Anyway, happy Good Friday and Easter weekend. I’m sure gang loads of you guys will be spending time with amigos and fam alike. What is everybody up to? Whatever the answer may be, have fun and be safe. And like always, bump these jams below during your weekend adventures.
1. The Night Out (TheFatRat Remix) – Martin Solveig
2. Let It Go (The Knocks Remix) – Dragonette
3. It’s Only Knuck (Crime Mob x The Shins) – The Hood Internet
4. FUCK UP THE FUN (Prod. By DIPLO & DJ MASTER-D) – Azealia Banks
5. Talkbox Intended – Gramatik
Whoa. It’s March. We also had an extra day in the year on Wednesday. If that’s not a cause for celebration this weekend, then I really don’t know what is. Get busy this weekend to the sounds below. What’s everybody doing? Is everybody else drinking green beer too?
Green beer day is one of those things you only want to happen once a year.
— Jordan Diamond (@JDimerrr) March 2, 2012
1. “Levels (George Monev Edit)” – Avicii
2. “Lights (Shook Remix)” – Ellie Goulding
3. “Somebody That I Used To Know (TheFatRat Remix)” – Goyte
4. “Polish City (Tyga x Neon Indian)” – The Hood Internet
Yoooo! This weekend, America will be in full form as most of the nation’s eye will be fixed on Super Bowl XLVI, which is absolutely proven to provide high-throttle sports action backed by gluttonous consumption of food, drink and expensive advertising.
For anybody else that holds marketing dear to their heart like me (I studied journalism and strategic communication in college,) this weekend is like free porn on cable TV. To tie things into music, it’ll be interesting to see what bands and artists are gonna be featured as the soundtrack to this weekend’s big-budget commercials. For more on this, peep the write up on song placements in commercials by our good friend and fellow blogger Confusion over at Pigeons and Planes.
What are some of your traditions for Super Bowl weekend? Giants or Patriots? Do you love American football? Do you hate American football? What artists would you love to see back a Super Bowl ad?
BONUS: A lot of companies have been previewing their big ads for the weekend on YouTube to get a viral bang for their buck. Here’s my favorite so far, featuring Matthew Broderick parodying his own classic flick, Ferris Beuller’s Day Off. The soundtrack also reprises itself from the original movie–”Oh Yeah” by Yello.
1. “Levels (TheFatRat Remix)” – Aviici
2. “Youth (Adventure Club Dubstep Remix)” – Foxes
3. “Nightchain (Wale X Kavinsky)” – The Hood Internet
4. “¡Holy Guacamole!” – Super Mash Bros