Okay, I’m coming off an entire week of being sick. I’m ready for a fresh start this week. Let’s get after it, mashups. (I saved the best one for last here, yall.)
1. Be Happy (Janelle Monae x Pharrell Williams) – flipboitamidles
2. Gone (Overdo$e, blink182, Anna Kendrick, Linkin Park) [Dr. Brixx Remash] – Ricky Cervantes
3. Ready to Dougie (Fugees x Cali Swag) – Henry Pope
4. Billie Jean – Another One Bites The Dust (Michael Jackson x Queen) – Twina
5. Satellite Home (Darren Styles x Cash Cash x B.o.B x Bebe Rexha) – bvnny
My goodness, you guys. I sincerely apologize for dropping the [Wrecking] Ball on the Mashup Mondays feature. Somebody should Wake Me Up and remind me that I need to treat yall like Royals, because that’s what you are. Alas, the Demons of the real world have been haunting me. The Monster that is work has been particularly monstrous lately. But today, I got a chance to Slow Down and enjoy some mashups. That’s right, I’m a lion and you’re going to hear me ROAR. [Applause from the crowd.]
Bonus points to anybody who can name the artists behind all the songs listed in this description. Or all of the artists used in Mashup Germany’s mashup below. Crazytown.
1. Mashup-Germany – Top Of The Pops 2013 (Hey Brother) [Revisited]
2. Ed Sheeran & Passenger – No Diggity vs Thrift Shop (Kygo Remix)
3. Ricky Cervantes – Artichoke Dip (OutKast v. Ke$ha v. Madeon v. Grandtheft)
4. Isosine – Hearts (Bon Iver vs Calvin Harris vs Ellie Goulding vs Childish Gambino vs Jeremy Lim vs Serena Sun)
First off, happy Monday. I know it’s been a while since I’ve posted a Mashup Monday, but I hope yall can forgive me. Now that that’s behind us, here’s our first mashup. It’s by our dude Ricky Cervantes and it got Drake, Krewlla, Kanye West, Lil Wayne and Eminem all on one track and it sounds amazing.
Second, bet you never thought you’d hear Kendrick and Katy Perry on the same track? Particularly not after meeting angry kid Kendrick on “Control.” Ah but alas, The White Panda wanted it to happen, so it did.
Third, Arjun sent me this little gem today, in perfect time for Mashup Monday. The Tutankhamun Brothers found a way to blend Kanye West and The Beatles in a way that sometimes (and frankly more times than I would have expected) actually sounds decent. Not quite Danger Mouse/The Grey Album status, but this is good stuff.
Highlight: What’s a Black Beatle
Haven’t done a Mashup Monday in a hot minute, but the time has come, my friends! Back on my grind, and in need of some good party tunes, so why not turn to mashups, naw mean? Hit the jump for a whole list of the best mashups I could get my hands on.
1. Nate Belasco – Black Skinhead x Elephant (Kanye West x Tame Impala)
2. Ricky Cervantes – Forever This Young (Avicii & Aloe Blacc x The Knocks x TheFatRat)
3. DJ BAHLER – Summer Luv (The Knife x Ashanti x Fat Joe)
1. Dire Dire Desire (Mike Posner v. Super Mario 64) – Ricky Cervantes
2. Hollywood Blvd (RAC+Penguin Prison+Empire of the Sun+Felix Da Housecat+TEED) – DRMWVR
3. Can’t Hold Superfreakz (Macklemore x Ryan Lewis x Superfreakz x My Chemical Romance x Bob Marley x Elton John x The Underdog Project x Peter Fox x The Doors x Pink ) – Mashup Germany
4. Party Mashup 2013 Drop It Low Mix – Mason Spinson
Disclaimer: I don’t usually post full sets, but this one was too good to ignore. Throw this on for a party and you’re good to step away from the “DJ booth” for 30 minutes.
5. Close 2 Justice (Kendrick Lamar x Giraffage) – The Hood Internet
Figured it was time to refresh the Mashup Monday artwork. Bears are cool, right? I’ve been kind of into them lately. Hit the jump for your fill of this week’s top mashups!
1. The Scars of Your Love [Purity Ring + Adele + e-dubble + John Legend] – DJ Bahler
2. Get It On Night By Night (Chromeo vs Marvin Gaye) – Mashed and Confused
1. The Language of Feeling (The Knocks vs Porter Robinson) – The Knocks
My man JDimerrr sent me this mashup. Loving it. Definitely a good weekender track for those of you who like to get down on the dance floor.
2. Million Voices Will Fix You (Otto Knows x Coldplay x Jakob Liedholm) – Drivas
I don’t know what it is lately, but I’ve been remembering how much I used to love Coldplay, and been getting back into it a little bit. Go ahead, judge me. Tell me this song didn’t do magical things for you when it first came out, and I’ll call you a liar.
3. Death Cab for Luda (Death Cab for Cutie x Ludacris) – Ricky Cervantes
I can’t believe this mashup works, but somehow it does. WOW. Mind is blown a bit on this one. Similar to Coldplay, I’ve been turning back to Death Cab a bit lately. So silly to think back on my emo high school and college days.
4. Eyes and Years (Kaskade x Ellie Goulding x Alesso & Matthew Koma x Kelly Clarkson x PNAU) – Sharkf3ng
This one is pretty electro-heavy, but if you’re into that sort of thing, this track is made for you. It’s pretty well done, too.