“We think to dance, and dance in thought. But to hibernate in the mind, is to bring upon us an apocalypse of the Soul.”
- Ilyas Kassam
-Miguel Angel Ruiz
Fresh off of the success of his album Smash, which produced international hits “Hello” and “Ready 2 Go,” Martin Solveig looked to collaborate with some of the brightest, young talent from around the world. The result is a sort of dream collaboration. We’ve been following Kyle for a while now, and this could be his biggest break yet. So cool that Martin put this together. Play this at a party/playground.
What up ya’ll? Sorry I’ve been on a blogging hiatus lately. I moved to Chicago last weekend so my time has been spread a little thin. But, it’s all in the name of progress, right?
Anyway, happy Good Friday and Easter weekend. I’m sure gang loads of you guys will be spending time with amigos and fam alike. What is everybody up to? Whatever the answer may be, have fun and be safe. And like always, bump these jams below during your weekend adventures.
1. The Night Out (TheFatRat Remix) – Martin Solveig
2. Let It Go (The Knocks Remix) – Dragonette
3. It’s Only Knuck (Crime Mob x The Shins) – The Hood Internet
4. FUCK UP THE FUN (Prod. By DIPLO & DJ MASTER-D) – Azealia Banks
5. Talkbox Intended – Gramatik
I wanted to make a mix that could document a long, dangerous, overly emotional, fun, sad night, so I made The Night Out. This is the mix that could soundtrack those nights you spend with your obnoxious group of friends (that you love even though they are obnoxious) as you jump from place to place around the bomb ass city creating havoc wherever you go. This is the mix for those nights that start off crazy and fun and awesome and then end with short sentences and awkward goodbyes. Listen below.
Use the sleeves on my sweater, let’s have an adventure, head in the clouds but my gravity’s centered, touch my neck and I’ll touch yours, you in those little hot waisted shorts
- Sailor & I – Tough Love
- Mesita – Ken Caryl
- Art of Sleeping – Empty Hands
- Martin Solveig – The Night Out (Madeon Remix)
- Mikey Mike – Girlfriend (Chainsaw Love, Pt. 1)
- Charlotte Gainsbourg – Anna (Moonlight Matters Remix)
- I Heart Sharks – Summer
- Samuel – Brooklyn
- Wild at Heart – Darling
- KO KO – Float
- Get Well Soon – Not Enough
- KO KO – So Strange
- Kilo Kish – You’re Right
- The Neighbourhood – Sweater Weather
- Shadows on Stars – Sweat Pant Bandits
- The Belligerents – Infatuation
- matt pond PA – Wild Girl
You know the drill. It’s Friday. Work and school can kick rocks. Let’s get down and dirty. What are ya’ll up to this weekend?
1. Still D.R.E (Shatterhors Sitdown Refix) – Dr. Dre
2. The Night Out (Madeon Remix) – Martin Solveig
3. Tough Love (Poindexter Remix) – Sailor & I
4. Little Man (Vindata Remix) – Little Dragon
5. Stars Come Out (Dillon Francis Remix) – Zedd
I think New Year’s Eve and Day can be split into two things: one great big fucking party and a time to reflect and start over. This Friday At Five is one great big fucking party. It’s filled with some of my favorite bangers from the year as well as a few new funky tracks. Huh. Maybe this New Year’s Eve will get weird. Stream the songs below and play this shit at midnight, like TV shows with boobies.
1. “Ready 2 Go (ft. Kele)” – Martin Solveig
2. “Pieces of You (Baby Monster Remix)” – Wolf Gang
3. “Something for the Weekend” – Ben Westbeech
4. “I’m Gonna Steal Your Date” – Mike and Cody
5. “Nobody’s In Love (Xaphoon Jones Remix)” – 2AM Club
6. “Irish Celebration” – Macklemore and Ryan Lewis
And what NYE playlist is complete without this Grammy-snubbed song, which has actually–believe it or not–has had a grand effect on my life (a story for another day…seriously).
7. “Big Booty Bitches” – A Lost People
Oh, and I kind of promised a friend that I’d post this video here. It’s his new rap song. Pretty dope.
Friday at Five!
So, typically I’m not a big fan of techno remixes. You know, hurts my head and all that. Sounds repetitive. I guess my glow sticks ran out of umph when I graduated from college. But for those whose sticks are still glowing, this song is for you. And when I say that, I mean it. For somebody who doesn’t tend to like techno remixes, I love this one. The Dragonette sample is simply delicious. Download this and get on with your weekend. This’ll make it a good one, promise.
“Hello” (Bassjackers Remix) – Martin Solveig and Dragonette | Download