There may not be a better way to ring in the New Year than attending SnowGlobe Music Festival, situated in scenic South Lake Tahoe, to the tune of Disclosure, Flume, Porter Robinson, Skrillex, and Zedd serving as major headliners. The EDM scene has equally dominated charts and fests in 2014, so SG seems like a natural cap to a year driven by DJs.
The most rowdy set should be Flume, with the Aussie-native shutting down the Main Stage as the clock strikes midnight on New Year’s Eve. Skrillex and Porter Robinson will get similar nods on Friday and Saturday, respectively, so who else should you be seeing on Tahoe’s snowcapped mountains?
If you find yourself at SnowGlobe come this year’s end, make sure to check out these other fantastic acts that aren’t headliners.
7. Bro Safari
When he says “bro,” you say “safari.” Bro! Safari!
Stretch appropriately for B’s brand of smooth, melodic trap.
Their falsetto makes all the girls soon.
Catchy beats, chill melodies, and poppy hooks. What’s not to love?
3. Flux Pavillon
FP will be sure to bust out hyper synths and a busy light show.
A wildcard in a fest lined with EDM artists, but don’t sleep on this hip-hop duo. This will be a party.
Phantogram’s bouncy production and seductive vocals will have you feeling some type of way.
“We should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche
Your weekend starts as soon as your press play below. Do it.
Rap is a constantly evolving genre. Even the most traditional artists take risks in delivery, flow, and beat selection; that’s part of what makes the music so consistently interesting and fun and influential. The following songs are not the strangest rap songs out there, but each one features some sort of “abnormality.” Of course, these abnormalities could one day be the norm, and that’s horrifying.
But also incredibly exciting.
- F. Stokes – Madison West High School
- Star Slinger – Ladies in the Back (ft. Teki Latex)
- Acmatic – Make Her Jump
- Flume – On Top (ft. T.Shirt)
- Flux Pavilion – Do or Die (ft. Childish Gambino)
- Dominic Lord – Never and Never (Prod. by Hudson Mohawke)
- K.Flay – Another Round
- Kendall Elijah – Sittin’ (Cover)
- Ab-Soul x JMSN – You’re Gone
- Blood Diamonds – Barcode (ft. Dominic Lord)
- Euro League – Social Network (ft. Denzil Porter)
- Evil Nine – The Black Brad Pitt (ft. Danny Brown) (Deebs Remix)
- Iron Mics x Tonio – T W A (Till We Arrive)
- MeLo-X – GOD MAGIC
- Homeboy Sandman – Illuminati
Related: 10 Weird Rap Songs (Pt. 1)
1. Kanye West vs. Kavinsky – Protolife (Carlos Serrano Mix)
2. DMX – Ruff Ryders Anthem (B.Dolla Remix)
3. The Hood Internet – The Thing U Do (Miguel x Shlohmo x RL Grime)
4. Viceroy – Dream Of Bombay (feat Chela)
5. Flux Pavilion – I Feel It
Do the d-a-n-c-e. Stick to the b-e-a-t. Just easy as a-b-c. Do the dance, do the dance!
1. VOODOO FARM – I Don’t Know Why
2. Tinashe – Stargazing (Sammy Bananas Remix)
3. Flux Pavilion – OneTwoThree (Make Your Body Wanna)
4. Marina and the Diamonds – Lies (Zeds Dead Remix)
5. Juicy J – Bandz A Make Her Dance (B.Dolla Remix)
It’s gonna be a freaky weekend. Make sure of it with this essential list of the dopest dance tracks of the week. Don’t forget to peep Zeds Dead’s hour long Halloween set below, too. What’s everybody dressing up as?
BONUS: Zeds Dead – Day of the Dead Mix
1. Monsta – Where Did I Go (Dillon Francis and Kill Paris Remix)
2. Pompeya – Power (Zimmer Remix)
3. Flux Pavilion – Jah No Partial (with Major Lazer)
4. The Bloody Beetroots – Chronicles Of A Fallen Love (Feat Greta Svabo Bech)
5. Wolfgang Gartner – Illmerica
I’m simply going to leave you with the following video. I hear it’s going to be adapted into a full blown eHarmony commercial. Happy Friday ya’ll.
1. Let It Go (Faustix & Imanos Remix) – Dragonette
2. Original Don (Flosstradamus Remix) – Major Lazer
3. Love Is Real (Fred Falke Remix) – Theophilus London
4. Do Harder Be Faster (TheFatRat‘s Skinny Dip Mashup) – Daft Punk
5. Daydreamer Feat. Example (Dillon Francis Remix) – Flux Pavilion
It’s not easy to mash up wompage as heavy as this. Greg Kantor, better known by his stage name 5 & a Dime, released this monstrous little banger at noon this afternoon.
Blending the following songs,
Nero – Promises (Nero & Skrillex Remix)
Freestylers – Cracks (Flux Pavilion Remix)
Fenech-Soler – Lies (Doctor P Remix)
N*E*R*D & Daft Punk – Hypnotize You (Nero Remix)
Dubba Jonny – Home VIP
5 & a Dime creates a completely new track with his own personal twist on things. The driving, high pitched bass from Cracks plays pretty consistently throughout, and it’s really cool to see how he mashes the songs all together, all adding a certain element to the finished track.
Download “Cracked Promises”
Be sure to Heart this track on Hype Machine!
D Prep || Follow on Twitter
Chiddy Bang just put out some dope, psychedelic visuals for their take on Flux Pavilion‘s “I Can’t Stop,” which you can find on their most recent mixtape, Peanut Butter & Swelly. Anybody know where they filmed this? If Chiddy and Xaph throw parties like this, I need to be there!
Follow me on Twitter.