Tell me you’ve seen a mashup with a better lineup than the first one on today’s docket. The White Panda outdid themselves with Ellie Goulding, Kendrick Lamar, RHCP and The Lumineers all in one mashup. I nearly threw in the towel and quit after that one, but more mashups were calling my name this week, lucky for you guys. Also, I’m typically morally opposed to 2Chainz, but this mashup that The Hood Internet threw together with 2Chainz and STRFKR is just so jiggy. I can’t help myself! Fuck 2Chainz, tho.
1. Firefly (Ellie Goulding x Kendrick Lamar x Red Hot Chili Peppers x The Lumineers) – The White Panda (Download here)
2. While I’m Different (2 Chainz x STRFKR) – The Hood Internet
3. Bright Diamonds (Rihanna x The Knocks) – DOSVEC
4. Feelin’ The Landslide (Fleetwood Mac x Jay-Z) – The Melker Project (Download whole mixtape here)
Ay caramba. I’ve been in my death bed for the past four days with what seemed to be the plague, or perhaps the black lung, but I’ve finally managed to lift myself out of it and mosey on over to the couch (#PowerMoves), where I’m now watching football, posting this Mashup Monday, and preparing myself for the Bachelor premiere. I am SO 2013. Hit the jump to see all of the mashups!
1. The Melker Project & Friendly Greg – What You Know About Titanium ft. David Guetta & T.I.
3. The Melker Project – Locked Out Of Swimming Pools ft. Kendrick Lamar & Bruno Mars
I told myself this morning that it would be a coffee morning because I felt a bit like a zombie when I got up today. Lo and behold, the energy I get when I get to work (where I get to see so many friends and fun people) made the coffee unnecessary. I’m still bouncing off the walls like a child. And these songs are my soundtrack.
2. “Livin’ On a Sandman Again and Again (Basto vs. Bon Jovi vs. Metallica vs. Calvin Harris)” -Compson Sound
3. “SIO (Black Eyed Peas // Pitbull // Marc Anthony // Kelly Clarkson // Carly Rae Jepsen // Calvin Harris // Ne-Yo)” – DOSVEC
4. “Fade Into Coming Back (Avicii x Taylor Swift x Calvin Harris)” – Compson Sound
5. “Call Me Childish Maybe (Carly Rae Jepsen vs. Childish Gambino)” – Oh, Hi Yo!
6. “Hey Bojangles (Red Hot Chili Peppers x Pitbull)” – Oh, Hi Yo!
Going Christian Laettner on yall, makin it rain.
1. The Recipe for Paradise (Dr.Dre x Kendrick Lamar x Coldplay x Alt-J) – jellosea ft. audioMimic remix
I’m hooked. Anything with Alt-J is on my radar right now. And how much will you hate me if I say I’m still drawn to Coldplay in mashups? What, a girl can’t admit she was once a high schooler?
2. Drank (Kendrick Lamar x Darude [Candyland Remix]) – DOSVEC
Hope you’re okay with some dubbbb stuff. I’m usually not big on it, but this one is fun.
3. Lonely Hearts [JJAMZ + XXYYXX] -DJ BAHLER
This one is a bit different, which BAHLER was quick to admit on his own, but there’s something magical about it.
4. Illuminate (Florence + the Machine x Eric Prydz x One Direction x Suzanne Vega x Temper Trap) – Compson Sound
I have a friend who might cry when she hears this mashup. That’s all.
5. “Party Rock Tonight” (LMFAO x Rihanna x Lady Gaga x B.o.B x Drake x Maroon 5 x Katy Perry x P!nk) – DJ Tuto
Some of the levels are less than ideal on this one, but I’ve got some party weekends coming up and a track like this is just perfect for that shit.
6. “Rolling Alone” (Dimitri Vangelis & Wyman x Matisse & Sadko ft Eva Simons & Erik Hecht) – Eu4ya
Eu4ya has been gracing us with his mashups for weeks in a row now. Loving his stuff, even when I don’t know all the originals in the mashups.
7. Calling 3X (Alesso x Chris Brown) – Edward Jones
if you love to drink, so do we
I got to meet one of Sunset’s long-time readers this weekend, and I quickly wanted to ask her what her favorite features are. She told me she’s a big Bon Iver fan, so of course we could bond over that love. But then she told me that my Mashup Monday posts help her get through the week. And all I could think was, ‘well, shit. When was the last time I did a Mashup Monday?’ So, I suck, I’m sorry, my condolences…take what you will. And here’s a brand spankin’ new Mashup Monday post.
1. “Dirt Off Your Shoulder Vs. Born To Die” (Jay-Z x Lana Del Rey) – The Melker Project
2. “IDGAFOS” (Dillon Francis x Kanye West x Clipse x Mims) – DJ D.Veloped
3. “Recipe Girl” (Kendrick Lamar x Pitbull x Trina x Dr. Dre) – DOSVEC
4. “Wonderfield” (Porter Robinson x Katy Perry x Adele x Wiz Khalifa x Oasis) – DJ Trademark & Yoni
5. “Not Another Dancing Song” (Robyn x Bengali x Avicii) – The Two Friends
Before putting this together, I stopped for a second and tried to figure out what edition of Mashup Monday this is. I thought about it for about 5 seconds, and then immediately stopped and figured that’s not the best use of my time. But if any of you out there want to scroll all the way back in the Mashup Monday category and do the math from there, please be my guest. I’d love to know!
Anyway – apologies for missing a couple Mashup Mondays lately. Turns out Mondays are a pretty busy day of the week. Who knew, huh? Here are some tunes to get you through the week. Oh and did yall know that The Jane Doze are going to be DJ’ing at the Grammy’s this year? That’s pretty awesome, considering the first time I posted their music, they were essentially unheard of.
2. “Five” (Mylo x FreeSol x Justin Timberlake x Calvin Harris x Archie V) – DOSVEC
3. “Lotus Flower Theory” (Wale x Miguel x Washed Out x RAC x Birdy x John Lennon – DJ Fergie Ferg
4. “You Said Forever” (Ratatat x Gotye x Whitney Houston x Broke For Free x Bloc Party x The Shins) – DJ BAHLER*
5. “Hey, Breathe Out” (Britney Spears x Skrillex x Taylor Swift) – The Jane Doze & DJ BAHLER
*This actually goes against a lot of what I’ve been saying lately, which is to avoid remixing a song that’s perfect as it is (hinting at a lot of the songs on this mix), but it’s just such an interesting collection of songs, and so far from the norm of today’s mashups, that I had to post it and see what you guys thought of it.
Woah. I totally flopped on last week’s Mashup Monday. Sorry about that – no excuses – I suck. But this Monday I’m gonna find only the best mashups to make up for it. And today’s fact of the day? My future brother-in-law is 30 today. Wow. Old as fuck. Hang in there, old fella. And have a good one. Get ready to be welcomed to the family. Initiation only takes about 11 years. Think: keg stands, redheaded slut shots, prank calling elementary school teachers…it’s all comin for ya. Never too old – even at 30.
1. “Yeah Again” (Beemer Bootleg) – Chris Brown x Basto
I thought I’d never put Chris Brown on this blog. But damnit, this just sounds fun.
2. “Feeling Good” – DOSVEC
This is pretty mainstream for my liking, but it’s a good gym mix.
4. “Gold Dust Paradise” (DJ Fresh x Coldplay) – DOSVEC
DOSVEC making the list twice today! This is dub-heavier than I typically get, but I can dig this.
DJ Fresh vs Coldplay (DOSVEC Mashup) “Gold Dust Paradise” by DjWhatt
5. “The Way Marvin Was” (Big Sean x Wolfgang Gartner) – The Hood Internet
These guys kill it. Every. Single. Time.
The Hood Internet – The Way Marvin Was (Big Sean x Wolfgang Gartner) by hoodinternet
6. MP3: “Guetta’s Calling Solveig Up” – Kap Slap
Aw, this one sounds kind of sweet. I like it.
I went out with a couple friends on Friday night and one sat down next to me and said straight up, “Lydia? I don’t like everything you post on Sunset in the Rearview, but when I do, it’s almost always Mashup Monday.” And you know what I did? I punched him in the face. When he started to look at me like he was going to kill me, I turned back and said, “Don’t worry, you’ll feel better when you hear what I have for you on Monday.”
1. “DOSVEC Dani California” (B.o.B x Red Hot Chili Peppers) – DOSVEC
The only thing that bothers me about this one is some of the RHCP lines sounding off-tune. Otherwise, pretty smooth. Surprisingly so for these two tracks.
2. “Colours (Remix)” (Skizzy Mars x Biggie Smalls) – DJ 21azy
The Grouplove sample from Skizzy’s track + Biggie. No complainin’! Download here.
3. “The Way I Am” (Eminem x Kid Cudi) – White Lotus
Cudder plus Em? Yes. That is a punch in the face.
4. “My Dangerously Melodic Anthem” – D.Veloped
My Dangerously Melodic Anthem by D.VELOPED
Oh.My.God. My buddy D.Veloped (North Carolina! Raise up!) just killed this. I don’t even know where to begin naming the artists on this track. Move over, Gregg Gillis.
Disclaimer: The above story is somewhat fabricated.
Boy oh boy, Monday oh Monday! The first signs of grey and cold came today, and I could only think of one thing: winter is coming. But that also means all the pumpkin-flavored goodies are popping up in grocery stores, and I eat that shit up. Anyways, I don’t know where I was going with that, but I’ve got some nice mashups to energize your Monday spirits. This is going to be an important week for me, and I’m gonna rock it. I used to be pretty cynical about motivational pictures, but then I found this — I feel like it’s fitting to post on Sunset:
Go get it.
1. “Just Calling” (Lady Gaga x Sebastian Ingrosso & Alesso) – DOSVEC
2. “Baby Mama Jeans” (Star Slinger x Chingy) – DJ Invisiboy
3. “Penguins Don’t Sleep” (Daft Punk x Avicii x Lady Gaga x Yeah Yeah Yeahs x WU LYF x Wiz) – D(J+F)
4. “Jesus’ White Satin” (Kanye West x Moody Blues x Zeds Dead) – Garebear
I’m gonna be straight with yall, because that’s the right thing to do, no? I’m not writing this on a Monday. I’m writing it on a Sunday and scheduling it for Monday, because I already know that my Monday is going to be so uncontrollably busy…I just wont have time to do this post. Life lesson today: When you take vacation from work, let yourself live during the vacation. Put work aside if you can afford to. (Just watch, I’m going to come back tomorrow regretting ever having said that. Ah well, live in the moment, right?) Fuck it, what am I talking about? On to the mashups.
1. “The Party” (Chi Duly Remix) ft. Silver Medallion – The Weeknd
2. “Never Will Be Mine” (Rye Rye x Robyn x DJ Mujava) – DOSVEC
3. “Son of a Nun” (Oh Land x Nelly x Kanye x More) – DJ D.Veloped
4. MP3: “Gangster in the USA” (Jay-Z x Bruce Springsteen x Miley Cyrus x Don McLean) – Rob Resnick of Timeflies
5. “Blow Up or Bust” (Big Sean x Xaphoon Jones x J. Cole) – DJ RadioDreaD