Fear of Missing Out is the reason I check my Twitter (and Facebook and email) every second of every day. It is the reason I did not want to stay an extra day in D.C. with extended family. The deep-rooted fear of missing out on something almost always involves friends or girls or dreams. For this mix I wanted to take songs that may seem simple or one-dimensional and uncover their second and third dimensions. I think behind each of these songs there is a vulnerability and fear, and that fear is what makes this tape heartbreaking and relatable. The common fear of missing out that lives within us also lives within this music. And it also doubles as a great mix for your imminent post-NYE depression.
- Patchley – Always
- Beat Culture – Drifter (ft. Psychic Twin)
- Annika Zee – Make It Right
- Blood Orange – You’re Not Good Enough
- POWERS – Gimme Some
- Julia Brown – library
- Trace Mountains – salty/sweet
- Phantogram – Fall in Love
- Burial – Archangel
- Ambassadeurs – Make Me
- Richie Quake – About Time
- Shabazz Palaces – Recollections of the Wraith
- Arjun and Friends – Shut Up and Play the Hits
- Bastian’s Happy Flight – Come for the Early (Stay for the Late) (Sweater Beats Remix)
- SOHN – Lessons (FLECS Remix)
- Yung Lean – Gatorade (Prod. by Yung Gud)
- Alex The Flipper – Rich
- Daniel Wilson – Will You
- Zodiac – Loss Config.
And it’s about time that I know why this keeps happening to me..