This week, I opened up submissions to all fans of the Sunset Facebook page. I had to moderate a little bit, because I can’t say I loved all of them, but most of them were total gems. I might have to do that more often, so if you’re a big fan of mashups and want to submit yours/a friend’s/your favorite, keep an eye out on the Facebook page! Hit the jump to see the full collection!
1. Nilson vs Third Party Feat. RHCP – Otherside (3LAU Edit)
3LAU just created an absurd banger out of some Red Hot Chili Peppers for us. If this isn’t one of the bigger party sounds of the hour, I’m not sure what is. I wouldn’t be surprised if we saw this resurface again on this week’s 5 Best Dance Songs of the Week. Killer job by 3LAU.
2. Dear Vagabond (Freelance Whales x Steve Miller Band x Styx x Wolfmother x The Beatles) -ScottScottScott
There’s an introduction on this song that you can skip by downloading the MP3 file here, but a mashup with Freelance Whales and The Beatles was absolutely necessary to include. Again I find myself a victim of the mashups with the lesser-mashed songs. That is, no Krewella. Despite the copyright infringement, well done, ScottScottScott.
Hit the jump for more mashups!
Ay caramba. I’ve been in my death bed for the past four days with what seemed to be the plague, or perhaps the black lung, but I’ve finally managed to lift myself out of it and mosey on over to the couch (#PowerMoves), where I’m now watching football, posting this Mashup Monday, and preparing myself for the Bachelor premiere. I am SO 2013. Hit the jump to see all of the mashups!
1. The Melker Project & Friendly Greg – What You Know About Titanium ft. David Guetta & T.I.
3. The Melker Project – Locked Out Of Swimming Pools ft. Kendrick Lamar & Bruno Mars
It’s Monday again. So I get to sit here and dance/bop around on a bus while listening to a bunch of mashups, trying to figure out which ones are worthy of your ears and time. Are yall still into mashups? Is this still fun for you? I’m still having fun, I think, so hey…let’s dance. Wobble di wobble di wob.
1. GOOD House Party Time (Owl City x Meek Mill x Carly Rae Jepsen) – The Melker Project
2. Angels Roulette (Rihanna x The xx) – The Melker Project
3. Dance with Henrietta (Big Sean x Yeasayer) – The Hood Internet
4. The Veldt Edge In My Life (Deadmau5 x Coldplay x The Beatles x Lady Gaga) – Compson Sound
5. Every Little Gambino She Does is Childish (Childish Gambino x Bon Iver x The Police x Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros x Paul Simon x Mumford & Sons x Jonsi) – 8corp
I told myself this morning that it would be a coffee morning because I felt a bit like a zombie when I got up today. Lo and behold, the energy I get when I get to work (where I get to see so many friends and fun people) made the coffee unnecessary. I’m still bouncing off the walls like a child. And these songs are my soundtrack.