Behind soothing vocals, delicate percussion, ethereal synths, and a gorgeous mask lies Brolin, a UK-based producer and musician who has been sort-of tragically marked as a ‘bedroom producer.’ Luckily, his Cundo EP proves he has much more to offer as he explores the depths of his abilities and transports us to capitals around the world (check the song titles!). My favorite track here is “Lisboa,” which you can stream below along with the entire EP.
I have always been fascinated with music that sounds happy but contains sad lyrics, so I wanted that to be a theme of this mixtape. I also wanted this to be a good hangover tape after NYE, so enjoy.
P.S. Andrew Joslyn from track 14 is Macklemore & Ryan Lewis’s violin player.
P.P.S. “Stay Close” by Flume is the official Tape Tuesday theme song.
I made a mixtape with all the songs that you hate
- San Cisco – Beach
- Urban Cone – Kings & Queens
- The Airplanes – A Summer Daydream, Part I
- Boy Kid Cloud – I Would Die for You (Prince Cover)
- Ray Bradbury – The Last Night of the World Interlude (Read by RM)
- Jack Magma – Cat Gotcha Tongue?!?
- Loon Lake – Cherry Lips
- Set Sail – Kids
- Kwes. – Rollerblades
- Leapling – Seventeen
- Carousel – Stay Awake
- Thief Urban – Closer
- Sebastian Lind – Never Let Go
- Kris Orlowski & Andrew Joslyn – All My People
- Khushi – Seven Years Old
- Freelance Whales – Aeolus
- Brolin – Another Year
- Conner Youngblood – I Gotta Feeling
- Flume – Stay Close
- Bondax – Gold
‘Cause gold is not enough, she’s a diamond, I’m the rough
I came across Brolin today on Sunset’s brother blog, Pigeons and Planes. Immediately I was swept away by his whispery voice, heartfelt lyrics, and simplistic instrumentals. If I had one of those creepy romantic/sex playlists, this would be on it.
I know in time you’ll be my forever