This week, I opened up submissions to all fans of the Sunset Facebook page. I had to moderate a little bit, because I can’t say I loved all of them, but most of them were total gems. I might have to do that more often, so if you’re a big fan of mashups and want to submit yours/a friend’s/your favorite, keep an eye out on the Facebook page! Hit the jump to see the full collection!
1. Nilson vs Third Party Feat. RHCP – Otherside (3LAU Edit)
3LAU just created an absurd banger out of some Red Hot Chili Peppers for us. If this isn’t one of the bigger party sounds of the hour, I’m not sure what is. I wouldn’t be surprised if we saw this resurface again on this week’s 5 Best Dance Songs of the Week. Killer job by 3LAU.
2. Dear Vagabond (Freelance Whales x Steve Miller Band x Styx x Wolfmother x The Beatles) -ScottScottScott
There’s an introduction on this song that you can skip by downloading the MP3 file here, but a mashup with Freelance Whales and The Beatles was absolutely necessary to include. Again I find myself a victim of the mashups with the lesser-mashed songs. That is, no Krewella. Despite the copyright infringement, well done, ScottScottScott.
Hit the jump for more mashups!
Time for some new mashups. Sorry I’m a day late! I’ve got a half marathon coming up in 2 weeks, and all this time I’ve been motivated, getting excited, blah blah blah…and now I’m kind of hitting that “what the fuck was I thinking?” mode. Alas, the one thing that’s getting me through it is creating a fun playlist each week before my long run and not letting myself listen to it until I go on the run so I have something to look forward to for a long period of time. Needless to say, mashups will be included in the final playlist. Here’s to yall being sane and not doing something like this, but listening to the music anyway.
1. Timeflies with Taylor (Timeflies x Taylor Swift) – The Jane Doze
2. The Starship Mafia (Swedish House Mafia x Nicki Minaj x Rihanna x Usher) – Inspektor Dex
3. What You Know About The Follower (T.I. x Sun City) – Chip Ivory
4. My & My Bitch Are Never Getting Back Together (Notorious B.I.G. x Taylor Swift) – Scott Melker
5. Walls (Sultan x Ned Shepard x David Guetta x Sia x Flo Rida x User x Martin Solveig x The Jets) – 3Lau
Ever since I put together the Best Mashups of 2011, I’ve been slacking a bit on Mashup Mondays. My sincerest apologies for that. Shit gets busy, I tell ya! Anyway, I’m back with some Mashups today. Thrown in there are some high school memory songs (“I Believe in a Thing Called Love”), Houston Rockets Championship days (“Whoop! There It Is!”), victorious moments (as if “Don’t Stop Believing” wasn’t victorious enough on its own…) and just about every other song you’ve ever heard. All here. Free. Boom.
1. “Hot Whoomp!” (The Darkness x Wolfgang Gartner x Tag Team x Justin Bieber x Inna) – Not Some Kid
2. “Tight Stripes” (Janelle Monae x The White Stripes x The Meters x Supertramp x Tone Loc x Young MC x Red Hot Chili Peppers x Same & Dave x Cheryl Lynn x Major Lazer x The Who x Temptations x The Clash x Iron Butterfly x Skrillex) – 8corp
3. “Good Vibrations” – DJ Foxfire
4. “Journey Without You” – 3LAU and Acetronik
Now that I’ve moved to the West Coast, I feel like some of you East Coasters may start to think that I’m letting you down as Monday night comes to a close and you still don’t have your hands on any floor-shaking mashups. STOP RIGHT THERE. DO NOT PANIC! They are coming! I’m just three hours behind, so if you can handle it, wait another couple hours.
SO. Now that that’s behind us, I’ve got some killer mashups. Without further ado…
Shoutout to Earmilk for several of this week’s mashups. I didn’t find many quality ones in my inbox this week. Keep ’em comin, folks.