1. Ferro Montanino from Winnipeg, Canada proves that is possible for one man to entirely remake Skrillex’s Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites on a piano. Though there are few moments when I enjoy Skrillex, this song of his is one of them, and Ferro makes it arguable even more enjoyable on the ivory keys.
2. The Internet has been abuzz over Disclosure’s song “Latch” recently. And rightfully so. But we need to take a minute and direct our attention to this piano cover of the same song by a Soundcloud user by the name of kongsingwei. Stunning.
3. I can’t find much out about Jason Bolea. All I can find in a quick Internet search is his Soundcloud page, which has a picture of an Asian kid with his parents, and two songs. One of them is this piano cover of Coldplay’s “Paradise,” which might actually be even more beautiful than the original. Get it, stranger.
4. You’re entering dangerous territory when you try to cover Lana Del Rey’s “Video Games,” because all things crazy about LDR aside, this is one of the more beautiful songs released in the past couple of years. So if you’re considering remixing/covering/mashing it, stop yourself now. Unless your name is…James Franco? Yeah, that’s weird too. Whoever this guy is, though, he can play piano like a pro. You did it justice, sir.
5. Evan Duffy is a bit of a phenomenon in the music world. He’s an award-winning composer whose main focus is writing musical scores for films and video games, but his covers are not to be overlooked. And they haven’t been. He’s received praise from artists including Deadmau5, Zedd, Alex Clare, Skrillex and Madeon. My favorite of his solely piano covers is this cover of Madeon’s “Finale.” It builds as it goes, and by the end you’ll wonder if this guy is for real.